Quaver Social and Emotional Learning (QuaverSEL) Lessons are accessed from an interactive lesson selection menu. This documentation will walk you through how to navigate the QuaverSEL Lessons and use them in your classroom.
This help article covers:
From your QuaverSEL Curriculum Menu, select a specific Lesson to begin.
Lesson Summary Screen
After selecting your lesson, you will be brought to a Lesson Summary Screen. Here you’ll see an overview of each activity included in the lesson, along with some information useful in planning your instruction. Using the buttons at the bottom of the screen you can access:
- Overview – The purpose of the lesson
- Objectives – The student goals for the lesson
- Lesson Plan – A PDF version of the full lesson, which can be saved or printed
- Worksheets – Any lyrics sheets or activity printables related to the lesson
The Lesson Summary Screen will default to the Icon View of the lesson with each activity represented by a thumbnail preview of the interactive resource. Click the list option to the right of the Help button to toggle to a List View with each activity listed by name with a corresponding icon representing the screen type. Toggle back to Icon View as needed.
Each lesson will contain a variety of interactive screens, songs, and activities for students to engage, develop, and apply their social and emotional knowledge and skills. To launch a lesson, click the green Launch button. Click the Next and Previous arrows to present the lesson. Each lesson will conclude with a “Reflection” screen where students can reflect on what they have learned today.
Select MENU to pull up the following tools and resources.
- DRAW – The Draw tool allows you to add drawings directly to your lesson screens.
- TEXT – The Text tool allows you to add custom text fields to your lesson screen. Once the Text tool is selected, click anywhere on the activity screen to open a new text box and allow you to type into that field.
- WIDGETS – The Widgets icon contains four helpful items to enhance your lesson delivery. Select from the following Widget options: Keyboard, Metronome, Soundboard, and Timer icons to display it on the screen, then select the Widgets icon again to hide that widget.
- TOOLS – Here you will find options to Hide the screen, Teacher Tools for a shortcut to your Teacher Toolbox, a Student Interactives shortcut, and Grade which gives you the ability to change the grade level that appears on the lesson’s Welcome Screen.
- NOTES – These Notes are identical to those in the Lesson Plan, but are repeated here for easy access as you teach. The Notes include instructions for using the screen and additional teaching ideas.
- VIDEO – This option will be illuminated if you have added video instructions or notes to the lesson screen. Learn how!
- WORKSHEETS – The Worksheet button allows you to take a quick peek at all of the printable worksheets available in the entire lesson.
- LINK– The Link option allows you to pull up a QR code and mobile code for students to use on their own devices by either scanning with their device’s camera or entering the URL in their browser – all without the need for a student account.
- LESSON – After exploring other Menu Options, click the Lesson button to return to navigating the lesson itself.
All DRAW, TEXT, and WIDGET items will remain displayed on the screen until you select LESSON.
Other Help articles that may be of interest to you: