Song-Based Lessons are accessed from an interactive lesson selection menu next to the Teacher Dashboard. This documentation will give you an overview of the resources and tools available in the Song-Based Lessons.
You should already have a Quaver username and password and be able to access your Teacher Dashboard at QuaverEd.com. If you need login instructions or help to access the dashboard, please reach out to our team at Info@QuaverEd.com.
Table of Contents
This help article covers:
Select Song-Based Lessons from your Teacher Dashboard. This will load the Song-Based Lessons Menu.
Pedagogical and Themed Lessons
Once you’ve opened the Song-Based Lessons menu, you will see the following music pedagogy and themed lesson labels:
- Music Learning Theory (MLT)
These lessons use pedagogical approaches to teach musical concepts through a specific song and allow students to demonstrate their new skills through a variety of interactive screens and activities.
Lesson Summary Screen
After selecting a lesson, this will pull up a Lesson Summary Screen.
Here you’ll see an overview of each activity included in the lesson, along with some useful information for planning your instruction.
Using the buttons at the bottom of the screen you can access the following information:
- Overview – The purpose of the lesson
- Objectives – The student goals for the lesson
- Lesson Plan – A PDF version of the full lesson, which can be saved or printed
- Worksheets – Any lyrics sheets or activity printables related to the lesson
The Lesson Summary Screen will default to the Icon View of the lesson with each activity represented by a thumbnail preview of the interactive resource.
Click the list option to the right of the Help button to toggle to a List View with each activity listed by name with a corresponding icon representing the screen type. Toggle back to Icon View as needed.
From the Lesson Summary Screen, you also have the ability to Customize and Launch the lesson.
Each lesson will contain a variety of interactive screens and songs to support students as they learn more about a specific musical concept.
To launch a lesson, click the green Launch button. Click the Next and Previous arrows to present the lesson.
Click Menu to launch a toolbox for additional instructional support, including:
- Draw – Allows you to draw directly on the screen
- Text – Create a text box to make lists or create new titles on the screen
- Widgets – Add a Keyboard, Metronome, Soundboard, or Timer to support instruction
- Tools – Access the Hide screen, Teacher Toolbox, Student Interactives, and Lesson Plan Grade options
- Notes – Allows you to view the Lesson Plan notes for the current screen
- Worksheets – View and print any worksheets or lyrics pages relevant to the lesson
- Mobile – Access the screen on a mobile device by either scanning the QR code or going to the mobile activities URL and entering the alphanumeric code
- Lesson – Click here to return to the lesson screen
Each lesson will conclude with a What Did We Learn Today? screen where you can review the lesson objectives.
Other Help articles that may be of interest to you: