Student Admin is a classroom management too.
This documentation provides an overview of the resources and tools available in Student Admin.
This help article covers:
Select Student Admin from the Teacher Dashboard. Here you are able to create classes and student accounts, distribute assignments, and monitor progress using the Attendance and GradeBook tools.
Select Attendance from your Student Admin dashboard to track attendance, automatically record student logins, and take anecdotal notes for each class. The icon legend is to demonstrate the different ways you can record student attendance and absences.
Select GradeBook from your Student Admin dashboard to track student work and assignment grades.
Inside GradeBook, click on an icon under an assignment to view the Assignment Review screen. The icon legend indicates the current student’s progress on a given assignment.
Here you may also find any messages from students and are able to directly communicate with them through the assignment.
The Comments button allows teachers to add any specific feedback or notes to the GradeBook for the specific assignment. Note: These comments will only appear to the teacher in the GradeBook. Students will not see them.
Teachers can view assessment data by using the graph tool in the bottom left. Click the bar graph icon to view the Grade Distribution and Percent Missed for each assessment question.
If a rubric has been applied to the lesson, the Rubric tab will be available next to the messaging options tabs.
Select Assignments from your Student Admin dashboard to edit, manage, and assign custom assignments for your classes.
The Assignments page is divided into two sections: Assignment Templates and Class Assignments Given. On the left-hand side of your screen, you will find Assignment Templates.
Custom: Assignments that you have created in Resource Manager.
Quaver: Assignments that are pre-made and assignable in Quaver, including Creatives, end-of-unit Assessments, and more!
How to Give Assignments:
- Click on the Assignment you would like to distribute and click Give Assignment.
- On the Assignment Details screen, use the Class dropdown menu to select the class or classes that will receive the Assignment.
- If multiple classes are selected, all students in those classes will receive the assignment. If one class has been selected, you have the option to assign to specific students.
- In the Instructions section, indicate any specific directions for students to follow.
- Use the info buttons to determine if you would like to Hide Assignment from Students or Reveal Graded Answers to Students.
- On the right side of the assignment details, confirm the Assignment Contents and indicate the default grade for the assignment.
- Click Save to complete the distribution. Once the Assignment has been distributed, it will appear in the Class Assignments Given section.
At the top of the Student Admin Dashboard, you will see a blue Chat icon next to class information for the class you are currently viewing.
To adjust these chat preferences, click on the blue Chat icon. The default setting allows for the teacher to message with individual students. You can adjust settings to apply for each class individually or all classes as a whole.
In the Chat Options panel, next to each class, you’ll find two checkboxes that indicate your current Chat Options selections. If neither box is checked, ALL chat is turned ON for that class. This includes both Class/Group chat and private Teacher/Student chat.
Selecting the Disable Class column will disable group chat for only that class. Private Teacher/Student chat will still be enabled. Selecting the checkbox in the Disable Private column will disable Private Teacher/Student chat in that class.
Checking the All Classes row at the top of the options list will disable Group or Private chat for ALL of your active classes.
Class Information Menu
To view additional classes other than the one listed at the top of your Student Admin Dashboard, click the purple arrow.
Here you can view the Class Names, Grades, Period (if applicable), number of Students, Class Code, and Class Date Range for Active Classes.
Click Show Archived Classes to view additional classes. Click Manage Classes to make adjustments to class details. (See Classes below for more information.)
Select Classes from your Student Admin dashboard. Here you will create and manage classes.
To create a class, click Add Class and add the Class Details.
Once the Class Details have been added, a Class Code will be created. Only the name of the class and the start and end dates are required.
You also have the following options to check, if desired:
- Require Students to Enter Name on Login – students will be asked to enter their first and last name at login so it is recorded in the Students section of Student Admin.
- Students will see this message when they go to log in. After they enter their first and last name, it will appear in your Student Accounts section of Student Admin and they won’t be asked to enter it again!
- Record Student Login as Attendance – when this is selected, when students log in, students are marked as present in the Attendance section of Student Admin
- Auto-Generate Student Accounts – Create a number of student accounts in bulk in your Quaver account and then distribute them to students. Learn more about auto-generating student accounts.
You also have the option to view Additional Class Information, including Grade(s), Period, Start and End Times, and Days of the Week.
Once the Class Details have been added and saved, a Class Code will be created. Class Codes allow you another option for connecting students to their Student Accounts. To make adjustments to active classes, simply click the Edit button.
Select Student Accounts from the Student Admin dashboard to manage student accounts for each of your classes.
Once a class is created, there are four distinct ways to create student accounts and enroll them in your classes.