Quaver Music Integration (QuaverMIC) Lessons are accessed from an interactive lesson selection menu and launch as interactive digital lessons. This documentation will walk you through how to navigate the QuaverMIC Curriculum Menu. From this view, you can see the entire curriculum and can easily find a lesson to explore.
You should already have a Quaver username and password, and be able to access your Teacher Dashboard at QuaverEd.com. If you need login instructions or help to access the dashboard, please reach out to our team at Info@QuaverEd.com.
Table of Contents
This help article covers:
From your Teacher Dashboard, select the Music Integration Lessons icon. This will load your Curriculum Menu, a bird’s-eye view of the modules found throughout the entire school year.
The Curriculum Menu is organized by grade level represented by buttons across the top of the menu. Use the grade level buttons to navigate to a specific grade level.
The center of the screen displays six Module Tiles at a time, each representing three weeks of lesson content for the selected grade level. Use the purple arrow to the right of the screen to move to the next six modules. In this way, you can see the full grade level of content in two, six-module sections.
Each module addresses an Integration Content Area that connects music with a cross-curricular topic, such as “Music and Nature” or “Music and Geography.” These Integration Content Areas are scaffolded across the grade levels, addressing a foundational Musical Concept at each grade level through an age-appropriate Theme.
The Module Tile displays this information to help you identify the content within:
- Integration Content Area
- Musical Concept
- Module Number
Click any Module Tile to learn more and launch one of the three lessons included there. Learn more about Lesson Navigation here.
Integration Content and Themes
As you navigate the Curriculum Menu, you’ll notice the QuaverMIC curriculum is broken down into 12 modules, each containing three weekly lessons. The first 11 modules cover the Integration Content Areas described above. The final module in each grade level is a Year-End Review.
Use the list below for a full picture of the themes covered by each Integration Content Area throughout grades K-5:
- Music and Nature
- Animals (K), Weather (1st), Mountains (2nd), Seasons (3rd), Plant Life (4th), Bodies of Water (5th)
- Music and SEL
- Friendship (K), My Emotions (1st), Organizing Myself (2nd), Empathy (3rd), Uniqueness (4th), Confidence (5th)
- Music and Culture
- Folk (K), Pop Culture (1st), Jazz and Blues (2nd), Disco Fever (3rd), This is Reggae (4th), Instruments (5th)
- Music and STEM
- Forces and Motion (K), Outer Space (1st), About Time (2nd), Engineering (3rd), Science of Sound (4th), Technology (5th)
- Music and Geography
- Land and Water (K), Around the World (1st), A New World (2nd), Our Country (3rd), Cities and States (4th), Native America (5th)
- Music and Literature
- Song Stories (K), Tall Tales (1st), Musical Messages (2nd), Characters (3rd), Opera (4th), Poetry (5th)
- Music and History
- History (K), Changes in History (1st), Personal History (2nd), People in History (3rd), History (4th), American History (5th)
- Music and Health
- Nutrition (K), Parts of the Body (1st), Exercise (2nd), Emotional Health (3rd), Responsibility (4th), Goal-Setting (5th)
- Music and the Arts
- Shapes (K), Colors (1st), Moods (2nd), Improvising (3rd), Collaborating (4th), Careers (5th)
- Music and Communities
- Marches (K), Traditions (1st), leadership (2nd), Mariachi (3rd), Westward Expansion (4th), Patriotic Music (5th)
- Music and Math
- Counting (K), Add and Subtract (1st), Money (2nd), Grouping (3rd), Angles (4th), Conversions (5th)
- Year-End Review
Throughout QuaverMIC, the following musical concepts are introduced and explored:
- Steady Beat
Curriculum Features and Best Practices
The Curriculum Features and Best Practices button will guide you through the specific features of the QuaverMIC curriculum as well as best practices to support instruction. Here you will find Curriculum Maps and Curriculum Overviews as well as white papers for What is Music Integration? and Best Practices Using an Online Curriculum.
Music Integration Toolbox
The Music Integration Toolbox is accessible from the Curriculum Menu in addition to the Teacher Dashboard. Click the Music Integration Toolbox to learn more and explore one of the 12 categories included there.
Other help articles that may be of interest to you: