How to Use QComposer Lite
QComposer Lite is a QuaverMusic Creative that allows you to create melodies and chords by simply dragging notes to the staff.
Create Your Composition
- If you’d like to open a saved creation, click MENU and OPEN.
- Select a note from the note options and drag it to a line or space on the staff.
- To adjust the accidentals, select the flat, natural, or sharp sign.
- You can adjust the tempo settings by clicking Moderato and making your selection.
- Add additional measures by clicking the yellow arrows on the bottom right.
- Click the yellow PLAY button to playback your creation.
- Click CLEAR to clear your creation and start over.
Save and Download Your Creation
- Click MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click SAVE to save your creation. You will be asked to give your creation a title.
- Click MAKE MP3 from the menu and then DOWNLOAD the mp3 when it’s ready.
- If you would like to open a past creation, at any point, select MENU and OPEN.
How to Assign QComposer Lite to Your Students for Submission
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live.
- With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for QComposer Lite in Resource Manager.
- Drag the resource into your folder on the right side of the screen.
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment, “QComposer Lite.”
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Click MENU and ASSIGN TO CLASS to choose a class or classes you would like to give the assignment to.
- Students can submit completed assignments but selecting MENU and Submit.
- Students should SAVE their submission if they wish to access it at a later time.
- Completed Creations will show up in your GradeBook next to the student’s name with an orange checkmark.
- Click the checkmark to review their work.