Using the Custom Lessons tool, you can customize units and lesson scope and sequence to fit your specific needs using both Custom and Quaver lessons.
District and Teacher Views
At the top of the Custom Menu, toggle between district and teacher views.
- District: In this view, you are editing a shared menu for all users connected to the same district. This view can only be administered by an appointed account in the district. Please contact your district administrator or the Quaver team to arrange this.
- Teacher: In this view, you are editing a menu for only your individual teacher account.
The Custom Menu is organized with grade levels across the top and three columns of lesson modules. Each module is listed on a button in the center of the screen for navigation to additional modules.
Custom Menu Editor
To Edit the Custom Menu click the Edit button at the top of your screen. This will bring you to the Custom Menu Editor. Here you can arrange grades, modules, and lesson sequences.
Add Grades and Modules
First, add at least one Custom Grade by selecting + Add Custom Grade and entering text or numbers.
Next, add at least one Module by selecting +Add Module and entering text or numbers.
On the right-hand side you will find the Lesson List broken into three tabs:
- Custom – Lessons created by you or shared by your district colleagues
- Quaver – Lessons found in the primary Quaver Curriculum
- Song-Based – Lessons found in our Song-Based Lessons
To add a lesson from this list into a module, simply click and drag the lesson into place. You can reorder the Lessons within your module or click and drag it to the trash can if you no longer want the lesson to appear in the module.