Distance Teaching Level 1: Creating Student Accounts
Laying the Foundation for Student Account Creation
Benefits of Individual Student Accounts
An individual student account is the key to student success in distance learning.
With a Quaver student account, a student can:
- Explore Student Interactives
- Compose in Creatives
- Read QuaverBooks
- Access any Assignments or Assessments distributed by their teacher
Individual accounts also empower a teacher to differentiate assignments to individual students and collect valuable feedback in the form of assessments, student video submissions, and more!
Please note that if your district has a rostering integration with Quaver, your classes should already be populated in Quaver for you. If you’re not sure if your district has a rostering integration with Quaver already, check in with our Customer Service team and we’ll let you know. So, if you already have your classes set up, then don’t worry about this step!
Before setting up student accounts, you’ll need to make sure you have your classes set up in your Teacher Account. Classes are the key to organizing your students and tying them to your teacher account.
- Log into your Quaver account.
- From your Teacher Dashboard, click the Teacher Admin icon at the top of the screen.
- From Teacher Admin, click CLASSES
- This screen shows a list of classes you have created in Quaver (if you haven’t created any, it will look empty). Click + Add New Class at the bottom of the screen to add new classes. This pulls up the Class Details panel.
- On the Class Details panel, input the class’s information. You need to enter a class name, grade(s), and the start and end date of the class. Make sure each Class Name is unique so you can identify one class from another. You can also choose to enter the class’s start time and end time and days of the week the class meets.
- When you’ve entered the necessary information for a class, click Save. Then repeat the process for the next class.
Once you’ve saved, the class will appear on your Classes screen. In the fourth column from the left, you will see the Class Code. A different Class Code will be shown for each class you create. This code is the key to enrolling students.
Once a class is created, there are three distinct ways to create student accounts and enroll them in your classes.
- Native Sign-Up
- Student Roster Importer
- Single Sign On
For a more in-depth look at each of these methods, click the links above or consider the chart below.
In the next article, we’ll cover the Native Sign-Up method for student account creation.