ClassLink SSO Integration Setup
This article is directed towards IT administrators looking to set up ClassLink Single Sign On (SSO) access via Oauth2 to QuaverEd resources for their district. For teachers or students trying to log into Quaver from ClassLink, please see our instructions here.
How to set up ClassLink SSO with Quaver
Step 1: District requests integration
- Log into your ClassLink Dashboard with your ClassLink Tenant Admin account and click the App Library plus sign icon.
- Enter Quaver Music in the app library search bar. Select the Quaver Music Oauth2 app that appears – click Add.
- The Quaver Music Oauth2 app should now appear on your ClassLink app dashboard. Click the icon.
- You’ll see our ClassLink Configuration Request Form. Fill out the form and click Submit to send a request to Quaver.
- Quaver’s integration team will be notified of your request to set up Oauth2 access in ClassLink. We will be in touch with next steps!
Step 2: Quaver approves request
Quaver will be notified that you have requested to activate SSO via our ClassLink Oauth2 app. We will configure your SSO access on our end and reach out with next steps.
Step 3: Testing
Once we’ve approved your district for ClassLink Oauth2 access, your integration will be set up in a restricted testing state so only a limited number of users can come through. Once we confirm everything seems to be working as expected, we’ll go ahead and release it for everyone to use.
To test the integration, please have a licensed Quaver teacher log in through ClassLink. They should land at our SSO account provisioning page.
Note: The first time a user logs into Quaver via ClassLink Oauth2, they will have to go through a one-time account provisioning step. This process allows users who have used Quaver in the past to link their existing Quaver accounts with their ClassLink SSO account. This is particularly important for teachers who have registered licenses or customized resources to an existing Quaver account.
If you are setting up automated rostering with us as well, when a licensed Quaver teacher has successfully logged in through ClassLink and reached their Quaver account they should see their rosters activated in Quaver.
Step 4: Release
When we have confirmed everything is working as expected, we will go ahead and release your integration on our end. When you are ready to launch the application (officially add it to your users’ ClassLink dashboards), you can follow ClassLink’s instructions for assigning the app to your users.