Create a Quiz Challenge Game
Quaver teachers can a gameshow-style assessment with flexible options for team play to add to any custom lesson or assignment.
Note: The examples used below are from QuaverMusic, but the same functionality is available in QuaverSEL and QuaverMIC curriculum resources as well.
Read on to learn more about this flexible assessment tool!
Step One: Open a Quiz Challenge Screen
You can begin the process on the Resource Creation menu in one of three places:
- Open Resource Creation directly from your Teacher Dashboard.
- Open Resource Manager, select a folder, and click MENU then NEW SCREEN.
- If you are in the process of editing a lesson or assignment, click MENU then NEW SCREEN.
Next, Select Quiz Challenge from the Resource Creation menu to bring up your editing window.
Step Two: Title Your Screen
- Give your screen a title by clicking in the title text box labeled “Type Your Screen Title Here” and typing your desired title.
- Click Enter to close the editing box.
- This title will appear in Resource Manager when you search for the screen later and in the navigation bar of your lesson or assignment.
Step Three: Create Your Game
- Click on the individual boxes at the top of the board to enter your own categories and then create questions below each of them.
- You can also click the red “X” to delete a column or row on your board.
- Click the point boxes to add question text and multimedia if desired.
- Enter your desired question where it says “Sample Question Text.”
- Click the green + to add potential answers.
- Click the image icon to add an image or audio file
- Click SAVE to save your question and answers.
- Once a question is saved, the tile will appear on the game board.
Step Four: Manage Your Teams
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will find the purple Manage Teams button.
- Here, you can add up to four teams and change the team names and associated characters.
- Click the gray +ADD TEAM button to add up to four teams.
- Click the text that reads “Team #1” to change the team name.
- Click the character to change the team character.
- You also have an option to have the team with the correct answer retain control of the board. The default is set to off.
- Click the green OK button to save your preferences.
Step Five: Adjust Your Settings
- The Settings are also located on the left-hand side of the screen. Here you can select how long students will have on the timer to answer their question and adjust the point values.
- Click the + or – icons to increase or decrease the amount of time on the timer. This will indicate how long players have to answer the questions on the board. Choose an amount in the range of 10-60 seconds.
- Use the Points Multiplier button to adjust the point values on the board. Choose from values of 1, 10, and 100.
- Click SAVE to save your preferences.
You may also wish to Add Notes to the screen for your lesson or assignment. Click Add/Edit Notes in the bottom left corner of the screen to do so. These Notes will be saved with this instance of your screen in Resource Manager.
Step Six: Save and Launch
- Click SAVE when you’re ready to save your screen.
- To view your screen, head to your My Custom Screens folder in Resource Manager. This screen will remain in this folder in Resource Manager, ready to be added to an assignment or lesson at any time.
- To see the screen in action, select the screen and click LAUNCH.
- The screen that will appear in your lesson or assignment will launch to give you a preview of what you and your students will see.
- Click on each numbered tile to launch the question in that category.
- Students will have the amount of time you designated when editing the game to answer the question. Click PAUSE to pause the timer.
- Click OPTIONS to adjust game settings.
- Here, you can turn on and off animations, background music, sound effects, and who retains control of the board.
- You can also adjust the timer value and add or remove teams.
- Click SAVE to save your preferences.
Ready to learn more about Resource Creation screens? Check out our Training Video for an Introduction to Resource Creation!