Create a Multimedia Screen
Use the Multimedia screen option to seamlessly add custom text, images, and audio to any Quaver lesson. Read on to learn how to use this powerful tool!
Step One: Open a New Multimedia Screen
You can begin the process on the Resource Creation menu in one of three places:
- Open Resource Creation directly from your Teacher Dashboard.
- Open Resource Manager, select a folder, and click MENU then NEW SCREEN.
- If you are in the process of editing a lesson or assignment, click MENU then NEW SCREEN.
Next, Select Multimedia from the Resource Creation menu to bring up your editing window.
Step Two: Title Your Screen
- Give your screen a title by clicking in the title text box labeled “Type Your Screen Title Here” and typing your desired title.
- Click Enter to close the editing box.
- This title will appear in Resource Manager when you search for the screen later and in the navigation bar of your lesson or assignment.
Step Three: Add Content
- Click the default text and image boxes to begin editing, and use the options on the left side of the screen to change the theme of the screen and to add additional text, image, and audio.
- You will need to have the images and MP3 files ready on your computer to upload to the screen.
- Your options in this menu include:
- Theme: Select a color scheme for your slide by clicking one of the available colors.
- Text: With any text box selected, use the Text options to adjust the font (header, bold, or regular), size, and color of your text. Click ADD TEXT to add a new text box or REMOVE TEXT to remove a selected box.
- Image: With any image box selected, use the Image options to add and adjust the border color of your image. Click ADD IMAGE to add a new image or REMOVE IMAGE to remove a selected box. You can add up to 10 images.
- Audio: Click ADD AUDIO to add a new mp3 to your slide and REMOVE AUDIO to remove a selected audio file. You can add up to 10 audio files.
Step Four: Edit and Adjust Content
- All content added to your slide can be moved around the page and resized to suit your needs.
- To edit a text box, image, or audio file, click on the box and use the icons to adjust the box size, edit text, layer multiple images, or delete the box.
Select the Edit icon on any text box to edit the text or size of the text box. Once Edit is selected, use the bottom right corner to change the text box size. Click anywhere to exit.
Select the Resize icon to resize a text box or an image. A red border will appear. Click and drag the white square to resize. Click anywhere to exit.
When more than one image is layered on your screen, you will also see an Arrows icon. Use the up and down arrows to edit the order and layering style of images.
Note: this feature will only apply if images are layered on top of or below one another.
Select the Delete icon to delete a text box, image, or audio file from your screen.
You may also wish to Add Notes to the screen for your lesson or assignment. Click Add/Edit Notes in the bottom left corner of the screen to do so. These Notes will be saved with this instance of your screen in Resource Manager.
Step Five: Save and Launch
- Click SAVE when you’re ready to save your screen.
- To view your screen, head to your My Custom Screens folder in Resource Manager. This screen will remain in this folder in Resource Manager, ready to be added to an assignment or lesson at any time.
- To see the screen in action, select the screen and click LAUNCH.
- The screen that will appear in your lesson or assignment will launch to give you a preview of what you and your students will see.