Create a Checklist Screen
Quaver teachers can create an interactive checklist to include in any custom lesson or assignment.
Read on to learn how to use this powerful tool!
Note: The examples used below are from QuaverMusic, but the same functionality is available in QuaverSEL and QuaverMIC curriculum resources as well.
Step One: Open a New Checklist Screen
You can begin the process on the Resource Creation menu in one of three places:
- Open Resource Creation directly from your Teacher Dashboard.
- Open Resource Manager, select a folder, and click MENU then NEW SCREEN.
- If you are in the process of editing a lesson or assignment, click MENU then NEW SCREEN.
Next, Select Checklist Builder from the Resource Creation menu to bring up your editing window.
Step Two: Title Your Screen
- Give your screen a title by clicking in the title text box labeled “Type Your Screen Title Here” and typing your desired title.
- Click Enter to close the editing box.
- This title will appear in Resource Manager when you search for the screen later and in the navigation bar of your lesson or assignment.
Step Three: Add and Edit Content
- Enter the first item on your checklist by clicking the box that reads Sample Checklist Item and entering text.
- Select the gray + Add New at the bottom of the screen to add another item to your list.
- Click the red “X” to remove an item from the list.
- Checklist items can be reordered by simply clicking on a selected list item and dragging and dropping it into place.
- A white box will appear around the checklist item to indicated it is ready to be dragged to a new location.
You may also wish to Add Notes to the screen for your lesson or assignment. Click Add/Edit Notes in the bottom left corner of the screen to do so. These Notes will be saved with this instance of your screen in Resource Manager.
Step Four: Save and Launch
- Click SAVE when you’re ready to save your screen.
- To view your screen, head to your My Custom Screens folder in Resource Manager. This screen will remain in this folder in Resource Manager, ready to be added to an assignment or lesson at any time.
- To see the screen in action, select the screen and click LAUNCH.
- The screen that will appear in your lesson or assignment will launch to give you a preview of what you and your students will see.
Ready to learn more about Resource Creation screens? Check out our Training Video for an Introduction to Resource Creation!