How to Use QSoundFX
QSoundFx allows you to create sound effects and backing tracks to Quaver videos or custom videos uploaded by you.
Read on to learn more about this engaging activity!
Step One: Open QSoundFX
- Select the Creatives menu from the Teacher or Student Dashboard.
- Select SongBrush and launch the application.
Step Two: Choose or Record a Video Clip
- If you’d like to open a saved creation, click MENU and OPEN.
- Select a specific Quaver Video or click the Custom Video option.
- When selecting a Quaver video, click the yellow PREVIEW button to preview the clip.
- Selecting Custom Video will allow you to record a 30-second video clip. Make sure the built-in camera and microphone on your device is enabled.
Step Three: Add Your Sound Effects
- When your video clip is selected or uploaded, click LAUNCH.
- Here you will be able to drag and drop sound effect clips or even record audio directly into the screen if the microphone settings on your computer and browser allow.
- On the right-hand side, click the arrow next to SuggestedFX to see additional sound clip categories: People, Outdoors, Sounds, Home/Cars, Music, or All FX options.
- Use the search bar to search for specific sounds.
- Once you have made your selection, drag the sound effects clip to the SFX 1, 2, or 3 at the bottom of the screen.
- Adjust the volume of each clip under the INFO box on the left side of your screen.
- Any audio you record using the RECORD AUDIO button will appear in the MIC section below.
- Use the yellow buttons in the bottom left to Repeat, Rewind, or Playback your work.
- Once you are done, click Showtime to see the video and sound effects in action.
- You can click MENU and OPTIONS to toggle on and off the intro clip.
Step Four: Save Your Creation and Download It
- Click MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click SAVE to save your creation. You will be asked to give your creation a title.
- After saving your creation, you can make an mp4 to download it. Click MAKE MP4 from the menu and then DOWNLOAD the mp4 when it’s ready.
- If you would like to open a past creation, at any point, click MENU and OPEN.
How to Assign QSoundFX to Your Students for Submission
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live.
- With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
- Name your folder something like “QSoundFX Assignment” and click OK.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for QSoundFX in Resource Manager.
- Drag the resource into your folder on the right side of the screen.
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment, “QSoundFX.”
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Double click on the assignment to open it.
- You’ll notice a purple “dot” to fill in next to the activity.
- Click the dot to fill it in. This what allows students to submit the assignment to show up in your GradeBook.
- Click MENU and ASSIGN TO CLASS to choose a class or classes you would like to give the assignment to.
- When students launch the assignment, they will be able to create their composition and a SUBMIT option will appear on the MENU when they are done and ready to submit.
- Students should SAVE their submission if they wish to access it at a later time.
- Completed Creations will show up in your GradeBook next to the student’s name with an orange checkmark.
- Click the checkmark to review their work.