How to Use QGrooves Lite
QGrooves Lite is a QuaverMusic Creative that allows you to create accompaniment by dragging loop tiles to the instrument grid. In this Creative, you can add loops for Keyboards, Synth, Drums, Percussion, and Bass.
Read on to learn more about this engaging activity!
Step One: Open QGrooves Lite
- Select the Creatives menu from the Teacher or Student Dashboard.
- Select QGrooves Lite and launch the application.
Step Two: Create Your Composition
- If you’d like to open a saved creation, click MENU and OPEN.
- You can adjust the tempo settings by clicking Moderato and making your selection.
- To adjust the key of the song, click a piano key.
- To select a genre, click the yellow arrow next to Rock and make your selection.
- Click each instrument on the left side of the screen to add loops for that instrument.
- Drag the loop tiles to the grid to make your creation.
- Add additional measures by clicking the yellow arrows on the bottom right.
- Click the yellow PLAY button to playback your creation.
- Click CLEAR to clear your creation and start over.
Step Three: Save Your Creation and Download It
- Click MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click SAVE to save your creation. You will be asked to give your creation a title.
- After saving your creation, you can make an mp3 to download it. Click MAKE MP3 from the menu and then DOWNLOAD the mp3 when it’s ready.
- If you would like to open a past creation, at any point, click MENU and OPEN.
How to Assign QComposer Lite to Your Students for Submission
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live.
- With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
- Name your folder something like “QGrooves Lite Assignment” and click OK.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for QGrooves Lite in Resource Manager.
- Drag the resource into your folder on the right side of the screen.
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment, “QGrooves Lite.”
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Click MENU and ASSIGN TO CLASS to choose a class or classes you would like to give the assignment to.
- When students launch the assignment, they will be able to create their composition and a SUBMIT option will appear on the MENU when they are done and ready to submit.
- Students should SAVE their submission if they wish to access it at a later time.
- Completed Creations will show up in your GradeBook next to the student’s name with an orange checkmark.
- Click the checkmark to review their work.