Create a Class
Before setting up student accounts, you’ll need to make sure you have your classes set up in your Teacher Account.
Classes are the key to organizing your students and tying them to your teacher account.
Teachers can follow the instructions below to set up their classes in Quaver. These instructions are relevant for users with a QuaverMusic and QuaverSEL license.
- Log into your Quaver account.
- You will be directed to the Quaver Teacher Dashboard, a hub for all your teacher-only resources. Click the Teacher Admin icon at the top of the screen.
This screen shows a list of classes you have created in Quaver (if you haven’t created any, it will look empty). Click + Add New Class at the bottom of the screen to add new classes. This pulls up the Class Details panel.
Once the Class Details have been added, a Class Code will be created. Only the name of the class and the start and end dates are required.
You also have the following options to check, if desired:
- Require Students to Enter Name on Login – students will be asked to enter their first and last name at login so it is recorded in the Students section of Teacher Admin
- Record Student Login as Attendance – when this is selected, when students log in, students are marked as present in the Attendance section of Teacher Admin
- Auto-Generate Student Accounts – Create a number of student accounts in bulk in your Quaver account and then distribute them to students. Learn more about auto-generating student accounts.
You also have the option to view Additional Class Information, including Grade(s), Period, Start and End Times, and Days of the Week.
Once the Class Details have been added and saved, a Class Code will be created. Class Codes allow you another option for connecting students to their Student Accounts. To make adjustments to active classes, simply click the Edit button.
When you’ve entered the necessary information for a class, click Save. Then repeat the process for the next class.
Once you’ve saved, the class will appear on your Classes screen. In the fourth column from the left, you will see the Class Code. A different Class Code will be shown for each class you create. This code is the key to enrolling students.