Create an Assignment with Existing Quaver Content
Quaver teachers can create an assignment using ANY Quaver resource or lesson and distribute it to students to access in their accounts.
Assignments can be distributed to all students who currently have a Quaver student account.
Note: The examples used below are from QuaverMusic, but the same functionality is available in QuaverSEL curriculum resources as well.
To create an assignment with existing Quaver content:
Assignment creation begins in Resource Manager and happens in the Folder system on the right-hand side of your screen.
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live. With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
- The easiest way to begin customizing is starting with a previously created lesson.
- You can find a lesson by browsing the Resource Sets – Quaver Curriculum tab.
- Simply drag the lesson over and drop it into the folder you created. Click the grey arrow next to the folder to open it and view the lesson below.
- With that lesson selected either right click or click menu to select CREATE ASSIGNMENT FROM.
- Give your assignment a name and click OK. A new item will be added to the folder. Notice it has a different icon than the lesson–a teal A for Assignment.
- Double click to open the Assignment. You will notice that it looks like our lesson, but has a purple header. From this view you can delete, reorder, and even add anything you like!
- When you’re ready to check it out, select LAUNCH at the top of the Assignment and it will open in a new window. This is what your students will see when they launch this assignment from their accounts.
- Students can see written instructions in the bottom left corner of the screen where your lessons have an active notebook paper icon. If you have created video instructions, they will pop up for students automatically. You can adjust the instructions by selecting the slide back in Resource Manager and clicking EDIT.
When you create an assignment in Resource Manager, you’re really creating an Assignment Template. When you go to distribute these screens to your students, you’ll use this Template and adjust the details around it–like when it’s due and which students should receive it. This means you can reuse the content in this Assignment Template as many times as you like!