How to Build a Grading Rubric
Quaver teachers can build a grading rubric for each assignment on the Assignment Details window before distributing the assignment to students.
Note: The examples used below are from QuaverMusic, but the same functionality is available in QuaverSEL curriculum resources as well.
To build a grading rubric and add it to an assignment:
- Click GIVE ASSIGNMENT to open the Assignment Details window.
- In the bottom right corner, click APPLIED RUBRIC.
- Here, you can choose a previously created rubric template or click +ADD NEW to create a new one.
- Once you are in the Rubric Editor, simply click any cell to edit the criteria and create your custom rubric! The left column of orange boxes represents the scoring criteria. The top row represents the scoring scale.
- When editing a cell, you can even add “expanded text” that will appear when you click the orange box on the rubric or adjust the points value.
- The grey boxes in the center of the rubric allow you to elaborate on that criteria. Click to edit the display text and expanded text.
- When you are satisfied with your rubric, simply hit the green SAVE button! Make sure you’ve titled your rubric in the top white box next to Rubric Editor.
- You can now select this rubric as the rubric for the selected assignment.
- Once students submit the assignment back to you, you’ll be able to use the rubric to grade the assignment from the GradeBook.
- Click within the rubric to assess the student.
- When you’re finished, click SUBMIT.
- The rubric grade will now appear in your GradeBook, under the associated assignment, and beside the student name.