Create an Assignment from Scratch
Quaver teachers can create an assignment using ANY Quaver resource or lesson and distribute it to students to access in their accounts.
Assignments can be distributed to all students who currently have a Quaver student account.
Note: The examples used below are from QuaverMusic, but the same functionality is available in QuaverSEL curriculum resources as well.
Assignment creation begins in Resource Manager and happens in the Folder system on the right-hand side of your screen.
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live.
- With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
- Name your folder something like “Beat Assignment” or whatever you’d like the assignment to be called and click OK.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for a resource you want to assign in Resource Manager. You can search for a particular lesson, episode, ClassPlay song, SELMusic song, Student Interactive, and more!
- Drag the resource into your folder on the right side of the screen.
- Continue adding resources like you would when making a custom lesson. Your custom assignment will function just like a lesson but in a format that is easy for students to access and navigate!
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment.
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Drag all the resources you added to your folder into the assignment with the green A. You may only decide to have one resource/screen!
- Exit and head to Teacher Admin from your Teacher Dashboard.
- Click Assignments and choose the CUSTOM tab.
- Select what you named your assignment back in Resource Manager.
- Click GIVE ASSIGNMENT. You will be given a list of classes to choose from or you can choose to give it to all students.
Adding Video Instructions to an Assignment
Adding a Custom Screen to an Assignment
Don’t forget that you have custom screen options on the Resource Creation Menu that you can add to any assignment.
In an e-learning situation, we suggest adding a Teacher Recording Screen, so students can receive verbal instructions and messages directly from you when accessing their assignment.