Create a Teacher Recording Screen
Quaver teachers can create a custom video recording to add to a lesson or assignment using the Teacher Recording screen on the Resource Creation menu.
These screens are particularly helpful for remote instruction. Teacher can record their instruction as a custom Teacher Recording Screen.
Note: The examples used below are from QuaverMusic, but the same functionality is available in QuaverSEL curriculum resources as well.
To create a Teacher Recording screen:
- Once we’ve created a custom lesson or assignment in Resource Manager, double-click or select and click EDIT to open the Assignment or Lesson.
- Add to the assignment or lesson by clicking MENU in the purple bar and selecting NEW SCREEN.
- You’ll notice the Teacher Recording Screen on the Resource Creation menu. You’ll also find a link to the Resource Creation menu from your Teacher Dashboard.
- If this is your first time visiting this screen, your browser may ask you right away if you’d like to allow microphone and camera access. Go ahead and click “Yes!” This will give you the option to record directly into the screen.
- After adding a title, you can either record or upload a video. The option is controlled by the CHANGE MODE button in the toolbar on the left of the screen.
- If you’ve already enabled your camera and microphone, you should see what your camera sees in the preview window. Click RECORD to begin.
- If you are being prompted to UPLOAD a video, you will see this screen.
- Add a title in the white box at the top of your screen and click CHOOSE FILE to upload a video that you have saved to your device. For example, you could record a video on your iPad and upload that saved video. Please note that these files can only be mp4 or MOV files and have a 300MB limit.
- When you’re satisfied with your recording or upload, simply click SAVE. You’ll see a completion message to confirm the new screen!
- The new screen will appear in your assignment or lesson in Resource Manager. If you have created this screen from the Resource Creation Menu on your Teacher Dashboard, you’ll also find this screen in the My Custom Screens folder in Resource Manager.
- You can use this same screen in as many assignments as you’d like, or keep creating new ones. You can always find it in this folder
To see what students will see:
- From your My Custom Screens folder, double click the Teacher Recording Screen and click MENU and LAUNCH
Ready to learn more about Resource Creation screens? Check out our Training Video for an Introduction to Resource Creation!