Assess Students in the Classroom with Teacher Guided Mode
Quaver teachers can elect to use a “teacher-guided mode” for a number of Quaver assessments.
Teacher Guided Mode allows teachers to project questions on a projection board or other device while students follow along at their desks and answer questions on their individual devices. Assessments that are given in Teacher Guided Moded will not appear in the Assignments section of Teacher Admin nor will it appear in the GradeBook. This is simply for teachers to assess student knowledge in the context of the classroom. It is not attached to any individual student accounts and will not collect grades. To learn how to create a gradable quiz, click here.
If an assessment has this option, the first screen of the assessment will include a toggle to turn on Teacher Guided Mode.
Teacher Guided Mode is best suited for teachers who are in the classroom teaching students with 1:1 mobile devices.
Read on to learn more about this assessment option.
To access this Help article at any time, click the question mark icon next to the Teacher Guided Mode toggle.
To use Teacher Guided Mode:
- This process begins in Resource Manager. Select an assessment and click MENU AND LAUNCH to launch the assessment.
- If the assessment is able to support Teacher Guided Mode, the toggle will appear.
- Turn the toggle to ON.
- Teacher Guided Mode is now turned on and a screen will pop up prompting you to select a class to assign it to. Note that you will need to have created classes with student accounts in Teacher Admin to assign this assessment in Teacher Guided Mode.
- Click the green OK button to confirm.
- This will not appear in your Assignments section of Teacher Admin nor will it appear in your GradeBook. This is simply for teachers to assess their student’s knowledge in the context of the classroom. It is not attached to any individual students and will not collect grades. To learn how to create a gradable quiz, click here.
- You will now see the Teacher Guided Mode icon appear in the upper left corner and the directions for students will appear in the middle of the screen.
- For students, they will begin on their Student Dashboard and will click the TAKE A QUIZ button to see the given assessment. It will also appear on their assignments menu but will not be available to submit back to the teacher.
- Once they click TAKE A QUIZ from their Student Dashboard, the list of given assessments that are in Teacher Guided Mode will appear.
- Students will click on the quiz name to begin.
- It is important that students follow along with the teacher for each question, rather than skipping ahead.
- The submit button will not work until the teacher gets to the end of the quiz and prompts students to submit.
- Students will see an answer block where they can follow along with the questions on the screen and answer as each question comes up.
- The teacher will move through each question, encouraging students to choose an answer.
- After the last question is viewed, students will be given a chance to review their work.
- The following screen will appear on the teacher’s screen.
- Once the teacher’s screen shows the following message, students can hit the green SUBMIT button.
- Afterward, students will be given a chance to review the correct answers and check their work.
- If teachers would like to collect grades in Teacher Guided Mode, have students write down or capture their answers or score.